Future of Financial Centers
By invitation of the DIFC, WAIFC members and observers met in Dubai on 27 October 2021 for a roundtable discussion on the future of financial centers.
We published the results of the roundtable discussion and further thoughts in a whitepaper in June 2022.
Furthermore, we will address the most relevant topics for the future of financial centers in additional roundtables throughout 2022.
Guiding Questions of the Roundtable
- How do you intend to sustain highly talented financial services and technology workforce?
- How are you planning to position financial activity in your center to focus on sustainability and impact finance?
- How will technology change the way in which financial services are delivered, and value is created?
- How will regulation enable the development of financial services in your jurisdiction? How do you balance innovation and consumer protection?
Our Vision for the Future
- Impact on sustainability
- Focus on innovation
- Open to people and ideas
- Rise of African financial centers
- Sharing economies
- Aging societies
- Infrastructure finance
We want to identify the most important trends in financial services and analyze their potential impact on financial centers. In doing so, we want to support our members prepare themselves as best as possible for the changes that lie ahead in this decade.