Launching of the World Alliance of International Financial Centers
The founding members of the new international non-profit association registered in Brussels are:
- Abu Dhabi Global Market
- Astana International Financial Centre Authority
- Belgian Finance Club
- Busan International Financial City Promotion Center, BEPA
- Capital Market Authority Oman
- Casablanca Finance City Authority
- Frankfurt Main Finance
- Luxembourg for Finance
- Moscow Analytical Centre Forum
- Paris Europlace
- Toronto Finance International.
Financial centers are key to sustain economic growth. They provide the infrastructure for investment and savings that drives entrepreneurial endeavors and economic growth throughout industries and communities. And they contribute more and more to sustainable development and to improving financial literacy. They embrace innovation in finance and actively contribute to developments in that space.
That's why WAIFC aims to share best practices and cross-fertilization between International Financial Centers and to develop the dialog with the Public Authorities at the international level.
WAIFC is project-driven. Initially, WAIFC focuses on concrete projects in the following areas:
- Data on financial centers
- Contribution of financial centers to Green investment & infrastructure
- New FinTech developments
- The role of financial centers in the financing of the economy
WAIFC Board of Directors is composed of senior leaders from the founding members:
- Abdullah AL SALMI, The Capital Markets Authority Oman
- Arnaud de BRESSON, Paris Europlace
- Said IBRAHIMI, Casablanca Finance City
- Kairat KELIMBETOV, Astana International Financial Centre
- Frederic de LAMINNE, Belgian Finance Club
- Jennifer REYNOLDS, Toronto Finance International
- Young Ho PARK, Busan International Financial City Promotion Center
- Philippe RICHARD, Abu Dhabi Global Market
- Tom THEOBALD (Nicolas MACKEL since March 2019), Luxembourg for Finance
- Hubertus VAETH, Frankfurt Main Finance
- Alexander VOLOSHIN, Analytical Centre Forum Moscow
The first elected Chairman is Arnaud de BRESSON, Paris Europlace, Treasurer is Frederic de LAMINNE, Belgian Finance Club, and the Managing Director is Jochen BIEDERMANN, Frankfurt Main Finance.
The head office is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
WAIFC is open for further members as well as sponsors. Please contact us for further details.